Global supply issues
Everyone is aware of the global supply issues that currently prevail and are impacting Van den Hoven and our suppliers too. These challenges are sometimes leading to delivery delays.
Various external causes are complicating quick deliveries, and many suppliers are no longer providing fixed delivery times and price guarantees. We very much regret this situation and would like to emphasise that we’re working closely with our partners and suppliers to offset these developments. Unfortunately, they often have little control over the situation being reliant on the availability of transport companies, computer chips, (raw) materials and containers.
Reasons for delays include:
- Transhipment and transport issues due to high container demand
- Shortages of gas and oil caused by the war in Ukraine
- Increased fuel prices leading to vessels sailing at half or even quarter speed, resulting in major transport delays
- Major parties paying for vessels to moor at their preferred ports first
- Personnel shortages across the entire sector
- Shortages in (raw) materials
- A lack of semi-manufactured products and chips
- The ongoing negative effects of the Suez blockade
- The global economy recovering from the COVID dip
These issues obviously are affecting not only our sector but most other industries worldwide too. But please know that we are doing everything in our power to limit the impact on our clients and to continue to provide the high standards of service to which you are accustomed. Unfortunately, there are some aspects over which we have no control and we can but hope for all our sakes that things return to normal as soon as possible. Everyone at Van den Hoven is fully committed to fulfilling our agreements and continuously seeking solutions to the challenges faced.